In this video you will see some press up progression with correct form using a variety of equipment. The press up (as with many movements) can often be performed incorrectly using poor alignment, limited range of motion and poor positioning just to name a few.
We have made this video to help highlight the proper technique with the added bonus of progression (and regression) for the exercise.
- Hands inline with your chest, slightly wider than shoulders
- Feet together
- Naval sucked in towards spine (core activation)
- Hips fixed (body like a plank)
- Body moves as a unit
- Nose and chest head down towards the ground (ensuring full range of motion)
- Elbows out at around 45 degrees
- Breathe in as you lower your body downwards and breathe out on the press up phase
The simplified version is the press up from your knees which follows the same principles of the standard exercise with the exception of it being performed on the knees rather than toes 😉
Press up progression options
There are several options which include:
- Plyometrics (explosive)
- Incline (feet higher on a bench)
- Suspension standard
- Feet suspended
- Feet suspended inclined
Let us know your thoughts and please feel free to send us your questions and/or workout videos to share with our blog followers.
Core Stability, Functional Training & Sports Massage for Real Results!
Don’t forget to sign up to our newsletter for lots of tips, tricks, videos and help with all things fitness related PLUS receive your FREE Health Tips just for subscribing………………………